I know. I tried to make this sound glamourous but as you can see Crohnie Retreat doesn’t sound that cool when you try to turn into a snappy invite within 140 characters.
One of my favorite Crohn’s disease advocates and e-friends, Sarah Choueiry created an amazing retreat for fellow fighters of Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis aka the disease that likes to remind you that its still there every once in a freaking while.
I am absolutely amped up and prepared to go but I really would like a roommate.
Here are the deets. Feel free to check out her website, The Crohn’s Journey Foundation (dot org), for more details.
We are so excited to announce that our first weekend retreat on September 13–15 (originally May 17–19 but due to scheduling conflicts postposed to September) will be held at the Ojai Retreat, an Ojai Valley B&B Inn and Retreat center in California. The Ojai Retreat is a haven of beauty and tranquility nestled on a five-acre hilltop. The Ojai Retreat offers a main house and cottages with twelve completely renovated guest rooms. The Ojai Retreat has received the Eco-Excellence Award and onTrip Advisor has 5/5 stars, 321 reviews.
Our Crohn’s Journey retreat is created to provide a haven for those who are diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. We encourage you to bring a significant other to experience this amazing weekend alongside of you. We take the best of eastern and western medicine and combine it into a weekend where you will participate in the following:
- Meditation and Yoga (led by licensed yoga teacher, Molly O’Leary)
- Cooking Class (focusing on teaching tips/techniques to make foods more belly friendly: Led by chef Robin Goldstein)
- The newest medication/treatments for IBD (led by ULCA IBD clinical nurse, Elizabeth Inserra)
- Alternative treatment for IBD symptoms, as well as tips to sustain remission (led by licensed acupuncturist, Tamara Zummallen)
- Support group focusing on emotions and thoughts that come with having Crohn’s Disease (led by a licensed health coach)
- Acupuncture (25 minutes of consultation and acupuncture to all retreaters by licensed acupuncturist, Tamara Zummallen)
- Personal Trainer (30 minutes of consultation and/or work out with personal trainer Maya Abu-Mansour)
For those of you looking for extra loving for your bodies, massages will be available at a nominal cost. You will also have access to the beautiful nature walks and hikes that are available for you to use during your free time.
During your stay, you will be provided meals that are specific to your needs and diet. You will begin the Crohn’s Journey Retreat with a binder that is half full, and leave having filled it with all the knowledge you have acquired during your retreat.
The cost of this 2 night 3 day, all inclusive retreat, which included food, activities and speakers comes to:
(all rooms include a small refrigerators and microwaves, private bathroom and towels/bathroom necessities unless specified otherwise) NEW DISCOUNTED PRICES
- $659 for single occupancy: 1 queen bed, 1 bathroom Private Cottage
- $780 for double occupancy: 1 queen bed, 1 bathroom Private Cottage ($390.00 per person)
- $610 for single occupancy: 1 queen bed and shared bathroom
- $736 dollars for double occupancy: 1 queen bed and shared bathroom ($368.00 per person)
COME FOR JUST THE DAY: If you would like to attend the talks and meals provided at the retreat but prefer to not sleep over, here is the breakdown of what it would cost to participate:
- $60: Participate in Friday nights cooking class and dinner.
- $100: Saturday day retreat (includes: yoga, breakfast, GI speaker, lunch, Holistic speaker, nature walks, Licensed therapist led support group, dinner and meditation)
- If you would only like to participate in a couple of the activities, please email me for pricing.
Come join us and be a part of a group of people that I call my Crohnie Family and even if you don’t have Crohn’s, you’re still related and encouraged to join. This will be a place to gain knowledge and create bonds that will last a lifetime.
Only 9 rooms are available, so space is limited.
For more information or if you have questions pertaining to the retreat, please email me at email@example.com.
Hit me on twitter @msmarypryor if you are interested. Flights are getting expensive soooo let’s huddle up and get moving!